Hi @Jeremy - Big fan of yours and a regular follower of all social media channels and a blog. I recently changed jobs and have a traditional 401k with my previous employer. I need some help on how to handle the 401k with my previous employer.
For now, I see the below options -
- Keep it as it is and have multiple 401k accounts
- Rollover into new company’s traditional 401k
- Rollover into IRA (Trad/Roth?)
Few things to note -
- I am not eligible for regular ROTH IRA contribution and hence do backdoor ROTH conversion every year (I believe I have to consider the pro data rule due to this)
- I am in CA and in a high tax bracket (>24%)
Appreciate your help!