I searched this forum and was actually impressed no-one had asked this question yet regarding VTI or any other liquid high volume ETF’s. So I decided to create an account and open the can of worms personally
- Should we/I be worried about the Bid/Ask Spread of VTI?
- Can we/I beat the Bid/Ask Spread of VTI?
- Can you explain Bid/Ask Spread to me like I’m a (4) year old for good measure?
- Should we/I buy VTI and other similar ETFs at Market orders or Limit Orders?
- To have the least Bid/Ask spread as I understand it, we/I should buy VTI between 0700 PST - 1330 PST to reduce the spread to acceptable ranges of .01% - .02%.
- Yes, I’m aware of SWTSX and its ability to trade off the NAV, which can be simpler for some. See my why statement
- I personally rather vanguard funds, but I love Charles Schwab for their checking account and UI interface. I also like the liquidity of being able to pivot brokers if the time ever presents itself.