Buying a home

Hi everyone,
My wife and I are looking to purchase our second home. We moved back to OH to be closer to family. We have a 2 yr old and are expecting another in 6 weeks. We made great money off the self of our home back in AZ
My question is, what would you guys do with the money. Place it all into the new home, or invest some of it ?
We have no debt, both cars paid for. 225k in retirement (we’re both 30) and roughly 160k cash for home / investments. We make a combined 110-115k a year.
We’re looking into buying home for 250k ish and then turning it into a rental after 3-4 years or buy a home in a great school district and live there for a while but spend around 350k.
Thanks in advance !
Also, if anyone has any great resources for purchasing homes for future rental investing etc that would be great !

I’d put at least 20% down. Personally probably more because I like the peace of mind of a smaller mortgage payment and no debt sooner rather than later. (Think about having NO mortgage and investing that amount every month!)

That said, it’s not crazy to put down a smaller amount and invest the rest. That’s the more aggressive move, but can be more risky if you lose a job or something.

This post breaks down the general question you’re asking too!