Cleaning Up Retirement Funds Job Switch

Hi Jeremy! I finished your course back at the start of the year, I already made a lot of choices, but also took another course that maybe complicated my accounts and now I’m looking for some advice if you can help!

I have:

Fidelity

• a taxable brokerage account I’m setting up to fund
    -cash waiting for enough funds to buy interest based investments

• a Roth IRA (started with a Target date fund and then learned about 3 fund portfolios- have maxed the past 3 years)
    -35% FDEWX 2055 fund
    -40% FSKAX US Stock
    -22% FSPXS INT Stock
    -2% FXNAX Bonds

• a rollover IRA (learned about the 3 fund portfolio while rolling over and wanted to try using Vangaurd funds)
    -52% VTSAX US Stocks
    -27% VTIAX Int Stocks
    -28% VBTLX Bonds

My workplace 403B account that will be inactive next month is 100% invested in Fidelity 2055 fund, with a .65% expense ratio. Match is 50% of the first 6% and I contribute 12% of total income.

1. My question is how do you recommend if needed rebalancing the Roth? I recognize the TDF and the 3 fund portfolio are a little redundant, but I also noticed the 3 fund route has lower expense ratios.

2. If I’m rolling over my workplace account into this rollover/ a new rollover with fidelity (I know sometimes they don’t let you mix funds, but I want as much as possible in my one fidelity account) do you recommend a different strategy than the two I’ve started to cover my bases. Or making them all have the same strategy?

I will definitely have more questions regarding my new work place account after reviewing the benefits package (its confusing!), but if you have any insight or advice on what I have so far that would be greatly appreciated!

I’ll cover this in tonight’s office hours (7/21/2021) with the recording available afterwards on the course site!

If you’re not signed up for office hours, you can sign up here.