Company Change on 401K

Hi, I have my 401k on Fidelity and next year my company will change from Fidelity to Alight Solutions. I have around $50k, should I keep this money in Fidelity or should I move it to Alight Solutions? Now, my company will make all the contributions there and I will keeping making my contribution.

Also, any feedbacks about Alight Solutions? I heard for first time about this now.

Hi, so if your company is changing brokerage, your current 401K will automatically transfer to the new brokerage. If and when you move out of your current company, you can always roll over your 401K back to fidelity ( rollover IRA account).

2 Likes

Agree with Karisma. Sounds like your company is changing plan administrator from Fidelity to Alight. So all your balance will be transferred automatically. You may have different investment option once with Alight.

Our company switch to Alight in 2019. Unless you’re in the team that manages the switch, there’s nothing for you to worry about. Just check-in with your investment elections if they’re different from when Fidelity is the administrator.

1 Like

@Jesus1824 Do you mind if I ask what company you’re working for? Just want some small talk material when I talk to Alight next lol

1 Like

Thank you, this clarify my question Karisma

I was looking for the different funds and I wasn’t able to find this. Can you please send me a link?

Only your company plan administrator can tell you if there will be different fund options. :slight_smile: our company recently switched to Alight’s Smart Choice for HSA investments, and it did chnage the fund line up for us. But possibly, 401k is not the same as HSA, and your company kept the same fund line up. You have to check with your company’s plan administrator though

1 Like