Filing of Income Tax Return

Hi Jeremy, I have learned so much from your IG account. I’m a nurse here in NYC and it’s been a roller coaster ride since the pandemic’s beginning. My husband and I haven’t filed our income tax return yet… previous years we hire someone to come to our house to do our tax. My husband has a home base business so we file together, but because we don’t want anyone coming to our house, do you have recommendations on what to use online to file our tax? I really appreciate your help🙏

Hey Leese!

Well, I rarely see my accountant in person (like once every few years, and that’s generally social) so I don’t think having a human help you with your taxes means they need to come to your house. I would imagine pretty much any CPA is happy to work remotely by sending the necessary documents electronically now.

There’s also, of course, online tax prep solutions like TurboTax which are self serve. It really depends on the complexity of your tax situation as well as your income as to which solution would be the most effective for you?

There’s also the reality that it’s July 5th and tax day this year is July 15th, so it might be hard to find a human CPA who can start and finish your taxes on that time frame?

Here’s an IRS page on free file options:

I think TurboTax is probably the most popular online tax filing software:

https://turbotax.intuit.com/

Sorry that’s not an exact answer, but hopefully it gives you some ideas!

1 Like

I really appreciate you and for your advice on this. I’ll start working on it. Thank you so much.

1 Like