First time investor - HELP

Hello Everyone:

I just finished a course and would like to start investing. I just don’t know which brokerage firm to go with and what to invest it. I would like to contribute $6,000 per year. I would be grateful for any suggestions or recommendations that you have. I know you must get this question a lot so I do apologize for asking again.

Thanks!

Hi Lourdes,

Congrats on finishing the course!! From the course, you know that we love target date index funds and you can find those with Vanguard, Fidelity, or Schwab! There are many other great brokerages as well and one won’t make you more money than the other :slight_smile:

1 Like

My order of preference and why:

Fidelity 2% cash back rewards + low/no fee HSA and 0.0 expense ratio index funds

Schwab: Great for international travel benefits & fee reimbursement

Vanguard: low fee index funds and tax efficient index funds & etf. Huge con customer service and withdrawing money sucks.

2 Likes

Thanks for the response! :slight_smile:

Thank you Chris for the feedback. I want to move forward and open a Fidelity account but I don’t see anything mentioned about the 2% cashback rewards. Where can I find more information on this account benefit?

https://www.fidelityrewards.com/credit/benefits.do