Getting Started!

Alright y’all! I’m at the first point in my life where I can safely invest without sacrificing other necessities. Where should I start? I went from a job that matched my 401k to a job that does not, but I still contribute 8% each check. I’d love to start investing separately from that!

Looking forward to this new beginning!

Jenn

2 Likes

Hey Jenn! I know you! :slight_smile:

First, do you have any non-mortgage debt? If so, I’d focus 100% on knocking that out, then you can convert those debt payments to investments and grow wealth risk and debt free! Take a look at this page to see how to prioritize your money:

If you are on an investing step, then you probably want to open a Roth IRA. You can open contribute up to $6,000 per year and invest in index funds inside of your IRA! Take a look at this checklist to see which accounts to prioritize:

And in general, I think it’s a good idea to be educated and confident when you start investing. That will set you up for good investing habits for decades to come! You can check out this reading list, or of course I recommend going for the PFC course on how to invest in index funds!

1 Like

Jer bear! Thank you for these great articles. I moved to LA yesterday so I hadn’t even had time to check back on the site but will dig into these this week. Take care!

Jenn

1 Like