How to track my investments & crypto purchases?

I’ve set up my retirement fund and am also doing some “fun” buying on the side with crypto and Robinhood (with a small amount of money, don’t worry!). I’m not sure how best to track how well I’m doing however.

I started building out my own spreadsheet but the idea of taking purchase fees into account and capital gains tax is making my head swim. Do you happen to have a handy spreadsheet or suggestion on how to start?

Would love to see clearly how much I’ve put into certain accounts/crypto vs how much they are now worth.

For example, I have:

1. Fidelity Roth IRA
  2. Betterment 401k Roth (with employee matching that I guess is technically traditional 401k?) through work
  3. Bitcoin in Coinbase
  4. 2 GME & Delta stock in Robinhood

Hey Kirsten, I would open an account with Personal Capital. You can connect your accounts and track account balances and net worth over time. If you have a Fidelity account you can sign up for Full View which is essentially the same thing. Note that these services won’t be able to connect your crypto investments so those will need to be tracked manually or by another service, which I’m not familiar with.

1 Like

https://www.cointracker.io/ is pretty popular. Looks like it supports robinhood. It tracks your buys, sells, etc. and calculates your taxes and profits / losses for you. I use it. It’s been great.

2 Likes

I’ll cover this in tonight’s office hours (4/21/2021) with the recording available afterwards on the course site!

If you’re not signed up for office hours, you can sign up here.