I have several accounts from other jobs, should I consolidate? If so into what? Should I be aggressive?

After following your instagram I’m going to double what is being taken out of my paycheck and put into the firm by job uses (TIAA), which I’ve been doing since I started working there 4.5 years ago. I also have several accounts in other firms from previous jobs over the years, (Merrill, Columbia and Vanguard), should I consolidate those accounts and dump it all as a lump sum into investments (market index fund) and also keep continuing the monthly investment from my paycheck? Would it be best to keep it in TIAA or move it all (including the monthly deduction) to something else? I have more than 20 years before I’ll retire, so should I be aggressive? (This may be several questions)

2 Likes

I have a similar question! Two 401k’s from previous jobs and I’m currently a stay at home mom. I think I’m going to move them to a traditional IRA so I can continue to contribute. They’re currently just sitting there - growing but not from my own contributions.

1 Like

Hi Jessica!

I’ll cover this in tonight’s office hours (6/2/2021) with the recording available afterwards on the course site!

If you’re not signed up for office hours, you can sign up here.

I would love to hear the answer to this as I have a similar situation. I do not see the live posted in archives. How long after the live are they made available ?

We try to upload the office hours replays within the next day and we leave them up indefinitely!