Investing in Ireland

Hi Jeremy,

Just finished up your course and I wanted to ask if you didn’t mind your opinion of these funds to give me my pension fund a piece of the total stock market.

These funds are available to me in Ireland through a pension scheme only. They seem to have a low OCF, no initial charge and the lowest turnover of stock I can find.

Would love if you could take the time to validate my findings!

I have included the Tickers below

Global - IE00B3RBWM25
US - IE00B3XXRP09 / IE00B60SX170
Europe - IE00B945VV12
EM - IE00B3VVMM84

Thanks!
Paul

I would like to sign up for the out of office hours but 8pm ET is 1am in Ireland!

Hi Paul!

I think you’ve done your analysys well. Those funds look great. In fact, I don’t think there’s anything wrong with going 100% into that Global fund… it looks like it has a market cap weighted blend of US and non-US stocks… so basically encompases the others.

1 Like

Many thanks Jeremy for taking the time to respond. Really enjoyed your course too.

I thought you might also like to know that a lot these funds are not available in Ireland unless you self manage your own pension. Most companies do not let you self manage though.

To invest in these funds outside your pension in Ireland is even harder! You are liable for 40% tax on gains every seven years. That is excluding as well dividends accrued to you!

1 Like