Is dropshipping is a viable alternative income stream to pursue?

In pursuit of early retirement, I’ve been looking at ways to grow my source of income - dropshipping through Amazon / Shopify sound like interesting opportunities that can be pursued while being employed in a 9-5 as well.
I was wondering if the community thinks it’s a good idea to invest time and money in the idea or if it’s just a fad / not worth it?

Welcome @Muhammad_Ahmed!

I’m curious, when you say invest “time and money” what money are you referring to? About how much are you spending and on what?

A few hundred dollars on dropshipping courses (stuff like ecom elite / income incubator offer) , a few hundred on adds for online store - as far as I’ve understood it till now

Yeah… I think the reason people sell those courses for hundreds of dollars is because there’s a lot more money in selling courses than there is in dropshipping. I’m not an expert in the space, but from my perspective it strikes me as something that was an interesting opportunity like 15 years ago with a gap in the market, but that quickly got over saturated and now it’s just people wasting money on courses and advertising with no real likelihood of a profitable return.

If you’re going to go down that route, I’d suggest reading some books from the library on the topic. That way you can get the knowledge for free without having to pay the hundreds of bucks for the course. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yea that line of thinking makes sense to me, that’s why I reached out.
These people usually claim to know the ‘latest strategies’ not available on the internet.
The quick return shtick is really tempting - but I guess it’s also too good to be true

2 Likes

If it sounds too good to be true… and they’re selling a course on it…

2 Likes

Haha, yep. Touché
Thanks Jeremy!

1 Like