Is it best to pay down debt first or invest if I don't have a steady income currently?

I recently moved to a different state and am growing my healing practice in my new home. I was able to get some grants and a forgivable PPP loan since I moved here. I have a total of about $38K in cash and $22K of debt on a credit card. I am in the process of asking for a debt settlement for the credit card. I am offering $10K to pay it off.

I am 46 years old and this is all I have at the moment. I have minimal expenses, except for some veterinary bills as of late. I am considering getting a part-time job for some supplemental income as I grow my business, but have not been able to find work yet. I would love some guidance as to what to do next.

Hi Jessica!

I’ll cover this in tonight’s office hours (7/14/2021) with the recording available afterwards on the course site!

If you’re not signed up for office hours, you can sign up here.

Thank You! I sooooo appreciate the guidance and your help! I am really enjoying the course and how you have it set up. I like that we have to figure things out on our own.

1 Like