Living in the UK - which brokerage account is best for Targ date index funds?

I live in Northern Ireland and was wondering what brokerage account is best to open to be able to invest in a target date index fund.

Also, is there a tax efficient way of doing this e.g investing through a tax free cash ISA?

Thanks
Ben

Hi Ben,
Target date index funds might not be available in your country, and if that is the case, we suggest the three fund portfolio: Three-Fund Portfolio – Personal Finance Club
I’m not sure if Vanguard is available in Ireland but for non US investors we think Interactive Brokers is a great option. We can’t speak on taxes as that is specific to the country you are living in !

1 Like

Hi @Ben

I am also in the UK. I’m glad to see another member who is in the same market as I am as there are some differences and similarities with the US investing terms and strategies.

Fidelity and Vanguard are available here and I am currently using the latter. They have Target Retirement Funds as well as Life Strategy Funds.

As for your question about tax-efficient strategy, I am using a Stocks and Share ISA instead of a General Account which can be maxed out at 20,000GBP. It is a tax-advantaged account although I am not 100% sure if it taxes on non-capital gains.

Hope this helps!

Khristianne

Lucky that you have fidelity and vanguard. I’m from Portugal and it’s not easy to found a decent broker.