Long term investing

Hello, I’ve been trying to do long term investments. Trying to save on a nice interest account and invest long term into acorns, Tsla, and Apple. Didn’t want more just cause of the limited funds. I’ve been doing weekly investments in them. Any thoughts on that strategy?

Hi,

Firstly, are you talking about acorns fund and I presume Tesla?

If so, the question I would ask is how long term are you looking to invest for? If it’s to buy and hold indefinitely then you have to ask yourselves how exposed these companies and funds are in the short term and long term future. What would happen to the share price if a study came out in national press of how electric cars give you brain tumours or the safety systems causing pile-ups on highways etc engaging the brakes when not needed.

Also, if apple products were found to be recording sounds and images from iPhones, tv’s and laptops etc would the consumer loose confidence in the products?

Because how exposed the company is, is how exposed your investments are within the shares you hold.

If you do this analysis with your investments and your happy, then crack on.

Although, with an index fund you would own all the companies, get all of the dividends paid out, and it’s cheap as chips to get in and out of the investment, not to mention paying fuck all for On Going Charges. :+1::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Just my two cents though, would be interested to know others’ thoughts.

Tom

1 Like

Thank you very much!

I was think acorns for long term separately and Tesla and apple separately. People have been mentioning index funds and I’m trying to invest long term for 10+years and add money to it weekly.

Since you mentioned index funds, what are your top 3-5 ones you think I could hold for 10+ years?