Personal question on starting to be on my feet

@vivitron @Jeremy @ShaneSideris @Chadmethner How to start to love work nd b obsessed with work(regardless of d lvl of pay)?
2.How to start to love and be obsessed with work (other than those crappy insecure ads on IG)?
3.How to figure out how much money I need to b happy?
4.How to overcome d fear and thoughts about what ppl will think when I say no?

1. What are your interests & hobbies? What can you do every day that you do even when you feel like doing nothing else?

Even your greatest passion will still be work when youre doing it for money. Ultimately work is still work, but what energizes you more than not?

1. See question 1 above. I wrote a post about this (but in the interest of not self promoting no links or anything).

Basically, a friend/mentor has taught me about finding the intersection of community, identity, and purpose.

You want to ask yourself some very introspective questions on what you want out of life, what you want to do to help others and get paid to do. @vivitron I think would be the best example to help with this question.

1. A rule of thumb is the 4% rule or 25 times your expenses. The issue with this is any moving, job change, life change, etc. can change your expenses.

I think of reasonable numbers beyond the 25x expenses and float around what would be more than enough, but probably won’t obtain.

For me, my expenses say I could live off about $750,000 on the 4%. Realistically, with healthcare, $1M is probably the closer number. More than enough number is $2.5 million. I think we need ranges rather than one solid number. We won’t be spending 100% of our investmentsin withdrawal so our expenses can and should be flexible as well.

1. Sometimes we have to set boundaries. We have to say no sometimes to say yes to other things. Sometimee no means not right now. Other people are allowed to say no. Just like money, nobody values our time like ourselves.

Learning to say no and acknowledging what other people might think is a process. But we need to acknowledge it and accept the fact that we are making the best choice for ourselves with our perspective.

1 Like

@Chadmethner Thank you.