Roth IRA Asset Asset Allocation

I recently opened an account with Fidelity after rolling over my Roth IRA from AllyInvest. I currently have about $3600 invested in FXAIX in my Roth IRA. I just purchased ~$2,000 in FSKAX. My overall investing strategy for my Roth IRA is to construct a 2 or 3 fund portfolio. My questions are as follows: (1) Should I invest in bonds if I am currently invested in them through my 401k? (2) I am thinking of selling my shares of FXAIX and purchasing FTIHX because the latter only tracks the S&P 500 which the FSKAX already does. Is this the right line of thinking if I am interested in constructing a 2 or 3 fund portfolio? (3) Also, I havent completely ruled out TDIFs but since I am already invested in a Vanguard TDIF in my 401k, I figured that I would try a different approach. (4) Also, I previously asked a question about TDIFs and financial independence. Jeremy’s recommendation was to push the date back which I don’t disagree with. However, I get confused when I try to think about all of my investments that are currently in three different brokerages (Vanguard, TIAAF, and Fidelity). The first two are through work. How can I think about my investment strategy across several accounts without getting too confused?

My overall financial picture: ~$16,300 invested in a Vanguard TDIF within a work 401k. For the past 6 months, I have contributed around $1600 per monthly paycheck. ~$19,500 invested in an TIAA ORP through work. My contributions are around $270 per monthly paycheck. Consumer and student loan debt free. 36 years old. I would like to reach work-optional as soon as possible. To reach this goal, I have been working on keeping my costs and spending low with a budget. My plan is to find a way to make more money and start a side business to speed up this goal.

Thank you!

Hi @DaisyD!

I’ll cover this in tonight’s office hours (3/17/2021) with the recording available afterwards on the course site!

If you’re not signed up for office hours, you can sign up here.