Transferring 457b to Roth IRA and brokerage account

Hello I’m a 32 yr old state employee currently I’ve established a 457(b) through my employer. I have that maxed out at $20,500. I’m sitting at around $130,000 in the account. I’ve recently took control of the account after finishing the PFC course and cut out the advisor. They had me enrolled in all sorts of stuff but now I’ve consolidated my future investment to a combination of us index, international index and bonds. But I’ve noticed I have a .5% expense ratio on the US index and similar in the international along with some other fees.

My question is I’m considering either backing the 457b off to 14,500 and maxing out a vanguard Roth IRA target date index fund, or if possible establishing the same vanguard Roth IRA and pulling my 457b to a vanguard brokerage account with the same investment strategy but lower my expense ratio. I’m also open to other suggestions or criticism. Thank you for the help.

I don’t think you can roll the 457 to the Roth IRA because they are different types of accounts. Also if you plan to retire early you want the legal protections and tax benefits of the 457.

401(k), 457(b), and 403(b) always have higher fees than IRAs. .5% is really not a big deal for this type of account.