What to do with retirement plans when not working

I am starting graduate school and I won’t be able to work during school. I have a 401 A and 403 B accounts through my past employer. What should I do with these accounts while I am in school? Will they continue to grow while I am not contributing? Should I move them to another and possibly more lucrative plan? Please, advise. I am clueless as to what to do.
Thank you

Hi Maria!

Yes, they’re generally fine where they are and will continue to grow, but I think it’s generally a best practice to roll them over to a rollover IRA! Here’s an article that lists why that’s a good idea!

Thank you for replying. I will start figuring out how to do the transfer. Thank you

1 Like