What's the best way to allocate assets for new 401k

I am curious about asset allocation within a company’s 401k. I am very new to 401k and investing and when I go to select the asset allocation, it is broken down into 4 categories, income, growth and income, growth and agressive growth and within each of those are specific funds and things to invest. It’s very confusing and not sure what %'s to put in.

I’m not sure the proper asset allocation and what funds etc are the best to even use.

1 Like

Is that the only option you have available to you? Is it possible to see the underlying funds/fees where your money will be allocated (I’m pretty sure this must be possible… by law and all that).

Here’s a post on how to pick from your 401k options:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B5-R96CndMv/

Hi Jeremy, hope all is well.

I had a slightly similar question regarding 401k allocation and if it could be set up more effectively ?

I’m 27 and this is how I’m current set up for a traditional 401k through my employer:

Hartford Core Equity FD R5 -20%
Ishares S&P 500 Index FD CL K -40%
Trowe price retirement 2060 -40%

The trowe price expense ratio isn’t awful but I wonder if it’s better to just contribute to the s&p index instead. Or on the other hand contribute 100% to the trowe price target date fund and never look at it again. Please let me know your thoughts when you have a moment!

Thanks,
David