Which brokerage firm(s) would you recommend?

Hi, hope you’re well! I’ve been going through your posts and story highlights on Instagram, educating myself on finances - thank you for all you share there. I have a question I haven’t come across yet and was wondering if you had any recommendations or advice to offer. I would like to open a brokerage account so I can start investing, but I’m not sure which firm I should go with. So far, my investment experience has been small (401k and HSA with employer matching). However, I would like to invest further - looking into index funds, ETFs, and probably some stocks too. I was recently looking into TD Ameritrade or Fidelity. Thoughts?

Welcome @lmarina!

Of those two, I would prefer Fidelity. In my experience they have the best access to low or no fee index funds and target date index funds. They also have had exceptional customer service in my experience. Fidelity also has tons of products, like free worldwide ATM checking account, HSA where you can invest, 2% cash back credit card, IRAs, and anything else you might need! I think TD is more focused on active trading, which isn’t a benefit in my opinion. I personally have about 95% of my portfolio with Fidelity!

1 Like