I need to hear your opinions on the following:
- I just opened an UTMA for each of my 2 kids (5yo and 1.5 yo)
- I deposited $1k each, most of it was from birthday / xmas / grand parents , I just rounded it up
- Only Mutual Funds are available, no ETFs , I guess because it’s a custodial account, not sure
- Since it’s only $1k in the account, I can only select a TDIF with the latest being 2065
- The 2065 TDIF has a 0.15% expense ratio
- I don’t forsee there being many deposites aside form us directly, not sure still how much yearly
Now, since the above is what I would consider the best option , I was wondering if I should just deposit an extra $2k on each account and then just buy VTSAX ( minimum $3K and expense ratio of 0.04% ) .
So now I need to decide either the TDIF or the VTSAX for the account, what do you suggest?
Thanks in Advance!