Why did you choose Fidelity over Vanguard?

Why did you choose Fidelity over Vanguard?

1 Like

I chose the other way around. I prefer their interface and I went to school in Valley Forge, PA where Vanguard is headquartered.

If you look at the index fund portion of the course, it does not matter which brokerage you use for an S&P500 fund. They ALL track the market. Simple as, which interface do you prefer and which color? Red (Vanguard) or Green (Fidelity)?

I’ll cover this in tonight’s office hours (1/6/2021) with the recording available afterwards on the course site!

If you’re not signed up for office hours, you can sign up here.

1 Like

Fidelity has a better user interface and much, much better customer service. Having said that, both are good choices!

I’d disagree on Fidelity on having much better customer service, but I’m sure it depends on when you call and who you interact with. I will say it is easier to get into contact with Fidelity customer service (lower wait times) but my interactions with Vanguard have always been great!

Definitely agree on the UI. Although if you enroll in Vanguard’s personal advisor service the portal you use for that is different than the standard portal and it is much newer and cleaner, with a bunch of added features.

2 Likes